In addition to four other organization-related certifications, Jamnik successfully underwent UGRA PSO certification in March 2022. We´re proud to be the first company in Slovenia to have the PSO certificate of the UGRA center of competence.
UGRA is the Swiss Center of Competence for Print and Media Technology issuing the PSO certificate (Process Standard Offset). PSO is a certificate for the offset printing process defining workflow-standards from incoming design files to the printed sheets on the offset press. It confirms the company´s competence to print by ISO 12647-2 standard and it´s ability to have reproducible results on a high quality level.
PSO includes several ISO standards covering the following:
- Organization and Documentation | ISO 10012:2003 and ISO 9001
- Data exchange | ISO 15930
- Color Management | ISO 15076
- Softproofs (color proofing on screen) | ISO 12646
- Hardcopy proof-prints | ISO 12647-7:2016
- Offset platemaking | ISO 12218:1997
- Process parameters for print | ISO 12647-2:2013
- Viewing conditions / lighting | ISO 3664:2009
It not only focuses on technical aspects, but also considers economic factors of the process. With a controlled workflow, the company is able to reduce rejects, speed up machine preparation time, reduce complaints and thus adds to value, profit and overall success.
WHY did we decide to acquire the UGRA PSO certificate? We were looking for an attestation of our quality from an independent renown organization like UGRA. The UGRA certificate shows our (future) customers that they can expect a high level of quality, as defined in the ISO 12647-2 standard. With a step-by-step scheme we lead our customer through the whole process, making communication between customer and pre-press experts a lot easier.
The main advantages for our customers and our company are:
- Evidence, that we constantly monitor, guide and check all processes using standardized methods,
- constant quality in color reproduction,
- printing according to the international industry standard ISO 12647-2,
- exactly defined tolerances for the whole workflow,
- certified measuring devices,
- test prints with high color fidelity and measurement protocol,
- standardized lighting and optimal conditions for color matching.
We´re proud of this accomplishment which allows us to prove the high level of quality that we strive for to our customers and partners.